Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy First Birthday Simon Henry!!


Simon has become obsessed with bikes recently. He sat holding on to Olivers one night for two hours sucking his thumb perfectly content. So I thought, "Why not get him one for his birthday?" He thought that was GREAT idea.

And since I'm not big on "Parties" I just decided to make breakfast for the whole family and get the "Party" over with early. Coffee cake and breakfast quiche. I know it's his first birthday and all, but is he really gonna remember what a "Killer" party his first birthday was? No he's not, so why not just make it easy on mom.

So it was easy and he liked his coffee cake or as Grandma Platt likes to call it "breakfast cake." He could have done without the big dollop of "Cool Whip" on the top. Simon's not big on sweets.

But he sure is sweet!

5 people were neglecting their kids:

Amy John said...

Happy bday Simon!!

shauna said...

Happy Bday Simon Henry!

I am with ya honey on the simple bday parties, especially if they are not gonna remember. My kids don't even like cake so we usually do the variety pack of ice creams from walmart and stick candles in them.

Your dessert was right along my lines! I'll have to remember it.

Brannon and Leslie said...

Happy birthday Simon. I agree about the party thing. It just stresses me out and you're right he won't even remember

Kristal said...

Awww, we need to take his stinkin cute pictures! Let us know next time you're up. This time I'll one up your photographer friend since he one upped me last time...punk!

TheTennesseeWilliams said...

Oh my word he is getting so big! Cant wait to see ya next month, hopefully you can help me out with my hair situation! :S