Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bravest Little Man!

Yesterday Oliver had his little friend Isabel come over and play after school. They played so well and had so much fun, but right be fore Margo came to pick up Isabel disaster struck. Oliver was running along our neighbors railroad ties that separate our yards and totally biffed it. I ran over to survey the damage and discovered he had the worst cut I've ever seen! Normally I would have freaked out and made things worse, but I actually held it together and took him inside to fix things up. Little Isabel was fantastic at comforting poor Oliver and helping me doctor his wound. Upon cleaning it though, I discovered just how bad it was and decided to take him to Urgent Care as soon as Simon woke up from his nap. If he didn't bleed to death first.


The doctor looked at it as said he would need some stitches. Oliver discovered that holding his breath made him not feel any pain. Although it might have had more to do with the numbing cream they put on the cut rather than him actually holding his breath.

I couldn't believe how brave he was. He didn't even cry! My Oliver, the "King of Tears" did not shed even one tear during this whole ordeal at the "Urgent Care." What a brave little Man!

And here's the finished product. Five stitches. Of course he had to show everyone. He's real excited for his "Big Boy" scar. Daddy and his friend Cory made him feel real good about finally getting it.
Today things are back to normal for Oliver. You wouldn't even know that he had such and ordeal yesterday. I just hope he doesn't accidentally tear the stitches and re-open the wound.

7 people were neglecting their kids:

LuAnne said...

Oliver is so brave!! What a cutie! Good job for not freaking out. I tend to do that when my kids get hurt :) Oh & if you want info on the Polar Express thing go to thetrain.com/events & it should bring it up, or you can call 1-800-TheTrain & they can give you info. It's $26 for adults $14 for kids & 2 & under are free. It's fun, you guys should go. Oliver would love it!

Worthen World said...

What a trooper!! He is so cute! Isabel say's that Oliver is so BRAVE!!! She can't wait to see him at school.

Amy John said...

I am having flashbacks to august, although it would have been more accurate if he did this while you were at your girls night wouldn it!!! He is brave!!

Koi said...

I think what happened to Austin was way worse that Oliver's incident. But these things only happen to me. I guess because Jarred literally would DIE if they did happen while I was gone.

Brannon and Leslie said...

Good job Oliver!! I'm so poud of you. When Maddie got stitches they literally had to strap her to the bed and she cried so hard she peed her pants. I hate stitches. Way to hold it together girl.

Brannon and Leslie said...

Oh, Happy Birthday by the way. You're a sexy 30 year old!! I'm too lazy to go back and post this on your birthday picture

ilm3ib said...

What a trooper! I lose it too~ I'm a panic attack waiting to happen when disaster strikes. I mean I know what to do... But FREAK OUT the whole time! Good for you. What a great mom. And cute blogs. I hope your pregnant friend is okay!