Just a little advice, if anyone named Koe ever says, "Hey, let fry the Turkey's this year for Thanksgiving. It only takes 40 minutes and it's supposed to be really good." Please do not believe her. I repeat DO NOT believe her. But if you happen to want a Turkey like the one on "Christmas Vacation" and someone named Koe says, "Hey lets fry the Turkey's this year for Thanksgiving. It's supposed to be really yucky and dry, next to NO flavor at all." Please, by all means believe her and fry both of your Thanksgiving Turkeys.


This is the before Turkey. I get grossed out by Turkey's, not because it's a dead carcass or raw meat. That doesn't bother me. What grosses me out is that Turkey will forever look like a chubby naked baby to me. Now you're grossed out too.


Seriously, Turkey frying is just a bad idea. Did you know that the oil heats up by like 50 degrees or more as soon as you add the cold Turkey? Well, it does and that's one of the reasons it's so dangerous. The oil is not supposed to get above 400 degrees, but you put the Turkey in at 325 and then immediately it heats up to 375 or higher! But after frying for 45 minute in 325 degree oil the 13 lb Turkey was still not done in time for Thanksgiving dinner at 5:00pm. I still think my brother Jeremy and husband Jarred are the two bravest men in Mesa for attempting this dangerous task. I think I'll try my luck next year and have a group of boy scouts cook it in their Turkey pit. What are the odds of them blowing my Turkey up twice?


This is the before Turkey. I get grossed out by Turkey's, not because it's a dead carcass or raw meat. That doesn't bother me. What grosses me out is that Turkey will forever look like a chubby naked baby to me. Now you're grossed out too.


Seriously, Turkey frying is just a bad idea. Did you know that the oil heats up by like 50 degrees or more as soon as you add the cold Turkey? Well, it does and that's one of the reasons it's so dangerous. The oil is not supposed to get above 400 degrees, but you put the Turkey in at 325 and then immediately it heats up to 375 or higher! But after frying for 45 minute in 325 degree oil the 13 lb Turkey was still not done in time for Thanksgiving dinner at 5:00pm. I still think my brother Jeremy and husband Jarred are the two bravest men in Mesa for attempting this dangerous task. I think I'll try my luck next year and have a group of boy scouts cook it in their Turkey pit. What are the odds of them blowing my Turkey up twice?





6 people were neglecting their kids:
Boy scout turkey is nasty...and there are no drippings for gravy.
My L.A. turkey was undercooked. They put it back in the oven, but the damage was done. It grossed me out, so I was a vegetarian this Thanksgiving. (couldn't stomach the ham, either)
When I am in charge of Thanksgiving (this is control-freak Lorena talking) I brine my turkey. Best turkey ever! I will give you lessons!
Yes, please do Lorena.
I think I will try that next year just for fun.
That was so funny--I loooved this post. I don't always have good luck with my turkey's either. Maybe I'll try the brine idea too.
Better luck next year.
That sucks! I'm not going to listen to "Koe" from now on.
Despite all the "Koe" warnings, I am curious... was the fried turkey REALLY that bad? I hear it's the most delish. I have never attempted to fry one, nor have I ever tasted one, but it's good to hear the other side of the story.
I don't brine, (but that's a good option) I just use one of those big bags and slow cook mine (not all day or night) but long enough to leave it very juicy. Now that's delish.
Post a Comment