I hate it when I'm reminded of how old I am. I was talking to a friends teenage daughters on Friday as I was helping them get ready for a dance. This is how the stupid conversation went:
Me: Hey, I love your head band! Where the crap did you get that? I want one.
Girl: Oh, I got it at "Claire's" in the mall. They have different colors too.
Me: Fun, I haven't been to "Claire's" since my junior year in high school when I was picking out jewelry for a dance. Hmmm, I think it was 1995.
Girl: Hey! That's the year I was born.
Me: Nice.
What the crap! When did I get so old?






8 people were neglecting their kids:
Yeah, Jase got a nice remidner of this yesterday. WE teach the 14 and 15 year old sunday school and one of the girls asked how old we were, and I told them Jase is 30 and I'm in my twenties. One girl said holy crap, you're only a couple of years younger than my dad....a 14 year old said this!!!!! (hence her parents were pregnant in HS, but still, we are old enough to have 14 year olds!)
Be ready for a bar of soap of Lorena.
At my 20year reunion, there were people with grandchildren--scary!!!!!
Getting old suc. . .stinks!
that would be a bar of soap FROM Lorena!
Why don't I ever spell and grammar check before I click that big orange button?!
Well aren't you just the sweetest gal in...Afghanistan? Thanks for finding my new blog. What a surprise :D! Oh, and about the "old" wake up call. I got mine several years ago when I told a teenager I liked her thongs and she and her sister both turned red and giggled. That's when I first learned shoes weren't thongs anymore. I was born in '69 I'm afraid.
Wow. Umm....if you're old then what am I? Let's see, your junior year of high school happened in 1995? So you graduated in 1996? I'll just stop there.
It's why I keep myself juvenile with stuff like the "Fergalicious" song and Roswell reruns and the Twilight book. It's fun. You should try it.
ha, that's hilarious! i'm gettin up there too, girl! i have THREE kids and i'm 26! yikes! ;)
I know how you feel! I always feel young until I'm asked my age.
Yeah, I got married in 1997. I could have had a child that age. Hey, we just get hotter with age, so what's wrong with that?
Now, about your potty words...
Post a Comment