Monday, January 14, 2008

Farewell! You will be missed!





Ok, so yesterday my hubby Jarred got in to a very deep conversation with our very good friend Cory. They were talking about blessings and how recently we felt like the Lord has kind of overlooked us. I mean, we know he hasn't, but we just can't seem to catch a break right now. Well, Cory suggested that maybe we need to get rid of all the negative things in our life right now and get all negative stuff out of our house because it's crippling the spirit. I totally agreed until I understood what he meant. He literally got a trash bag and made us get rid of all our Rated R movies! I'm not talking about dirty movies or anything, stuff like Gladiator, Last of the Mohicans, Office Space. Just the stuff that probably has too much cussing or violence. I know he's totally right and I never should have bought any of that stuff or seen it, but it was really hard for me to put it in the bag. Why is that? Why is it so hard for people to do what we should do even though we know it's what's best? So the movies are gone and I'm ok. The only thing I really regret is buying them at all. There was probably 20 DVD's. Multiply that by the the cost of the DVD's which is about $20 and it's almost $400! I can think of a lot of stuff I would have rather bought with $400 that a bunch of movies that were just going to get thrown away. Cory's coming over on Wednesday to help Jarred dump all his bad music too. Because we have great friends who look out for us and are such good examples, 2008 will forever be known as our year of cleansing!

8 people were neglecting their kids:

Kachelle said...

so are you trying to become bishop's pet or something? First you ditch us for the front of the chapel and now this!

Koi said...

We're already bishops pet and it started long before this. It's because we live on the same street.

Kelli said...

hey! i recommend "Dan in Real Life' to replace one of the R movies. SO good and SO clean! Steve Carrell---can't go wrong with him! proud of you guys! Ü

shauna said...

Wow, what a purge! That takes some guts from your friend to even tell you that. . .but even more guts for you to take it to heart and actually throw the stuff away. Wow and wow. We could all use a little house cleaning!

I will always try to be positive so you don't have to get rid of me okay?!

Kachelle said...

Thank you so much for changing my page! yea, and don't worry it's plenty cute for me!

Tiff Hunt said...

Good for you! You will be blessed. I quit watching rated R movies 7 years ago. It was the best thing that I have ever done. It was hard at first, but then you realize that you aren't missing a dang thing. Now I just got to work on all the T.V. shows I am addicted to. Way to set the example. You rock. I'll see you at Reilly's wedding!!!

ilm3ib said...

I'll be over this weekend to get rid of the beer okay! hahahaha. Just kidding. You guys are awesome... I would love to do that too... But I'd have to get rid of Matt!

Mechelle said...

wow Koe! That is great! When we first got married I had a ton of movies, and John had me get rid of my Charlies' Angles movie and some others that had scantily clad women in them, because it wasn't good. They weren't even R movies. He just didn't want our children to think women dressing like that was ok. It was dang hard for me to get rid of stuff that I didn't think was bad. So good luck with the rest! We are rooting for you!