Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"Terrible Tuesday"

Yes it's that time again. Time for another installment of "terrible Tuesday." I actually thought that it was going to be a Wonderful Tuesday when I woke up this morning, but sadly that was not the case. IT happened as I was hooking up my New DVD player, which by the way did you all know how cheap they are? When we bought our first one 7 years ago we paid like $400 for it. Now you pay like $30! Anyway, back to my story. So I'm hooking up the DVD player and my adorable Simon is playing "peek-a-boo" with some unseen object and really enjoying himself. Well he got a little carried away and poked him self right in the freaking eye with his finger and it's way too long nail that mommy hasn't trimmed in weeks. My bad, but before I can get over to him to start the consoling process he puts his head down and bumps his eye again except this time it hits the flap of the card board box I have just removed said DVD player from. Yikes! We all know how bad it hurts to bump your eye on something, but to do it twice in a row. Painful! He then cries for the next two hours as I call all the doctors trying to get him in to see one of them. No luck, so I just take him to the "Urgent Care" right by my house and they see him in like 10 minutes. Whew! As turns outs poor baby Simon has got a HUGE scratch on his cornea that he has to take pain killers and weird eye ointment for. It literally takes two people to get this ointment in to his eye. This eye ointment is something I will never understand. With all the medical breakthroughs that we have in our day, why on earth can't they make this eye stuff in liquid form so that it is easier to put into a small child's eye? Thank you E. Fougera & CO. manufacturers of Ophthalmic Ointment USP for adding insult to injury on my already "Terrible Tuesday."

Look at Simon's sad left eye. It still looks painful.




12 people were neglecting their kids:

meghannamarie said...

ouch! I can't believe two times in a row! That Urgent Care should name there new wing after the Truschke boys! Hope everything gets better!

Koi said...

I agree. Or maybe I should be more attentive.

shauna said...

Eye am so sorry that you had a terrible tuesday. It should only get better from here! Have a wonderful wednesday!

Poor Simon. That's gotta hurt. Kisses. Sorry, I'm a stranger, I mean brush it off boy, you'll be fine!

Kristin Coppee said...

Ah yes, kids and their insane accidents. I love it. I get it x 2 on a daily basis. It's awesome! Having to go to the urgent care over it is not cool, though. Poor guy. Hopefully it all heals up nicely with no other problems.

Okay, I'm sorry to change the subject, but does your husband play lead guitar? We need to talk.

Amy John said...

Oh how sad! His poor little eye. When are we going to do something, because seriously it has probably been MONTHS. Not acceptable.

Mechelle said...

poor little guy, i feel for him. I completely understand about being in the urgent care ALL-THE-TIME!!! Kaleb is my accident prone little guy, but he has a high pain tollerance so it has to be really bad for us to go in.

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

I'm sorry I had to laugh whne I read your post. You described it so well and with so much humor! Poor little guy!
I am surprised they got you into the Urgent care that fast! I am assuming the ointment is like a cream? What a pain!
I hope all goes well, if not he could wear a patch and pretend he is a pirate! Boys like that right? Just kidding!

LuAnne said...

Poor kid! He is very cute though! I agree on the eye ointment.. It's annoying!!!

Kelli said...

ugh, poor kiddo! doctors suck sometimes, huh? i'm in love with urgent care lately...they love me too...$50 each visit! sooo...we went private cuz my anal cop hubby said i could get stalked/killed if i didn't...nice huh? so anyways, email me at natekellimullins@yahoo.com and i'll invite you! ;)

Tally said...

You are such a great mom! I can't believe you took it seriously enough to go to the doctor right away. That is truly your motherly instinct paying off for you there. I would have probably put a cold wash cloth on it for 10 min. and then popped in my movie.
PS. I don't have children.

Kristal said...

Ok, first picture sad, second picture freaking adorable! I want to squeeze his little guts!!!! And ok, that's ok that you want to avoid the cold (Mulder's) for a few months. Whatever! But we will be coming to see you sometime in Feb...so be prepared!

Shan said...

I know this boys pain! I did that to myself with a microbead in my facewash(careful ladies!) and it just doesn't stop bothering you until you get it treated. The eye Dr. told me it was like I'd scratched of a little fish scale from my cornea and it can really get infected if you don't treat with antibiotic. Good news is it feels better right away with the meds. So sorry baby had such suffering!! :(