Why is it that whenever you do something nice for your child they act terrible. Like take today for instance. I took Oliver to Hancock's Fabric so we could pick out some material for his Halloween costume. We find exactly what we are looking for, get it all cut out and proceed to the register. Once we get there the conversations goes something like this:Oliver: Hey Mom, can I have some candy?
Mom: No Oliver, I'm getting you a costume.
Oliver: I want candy!
Mom: No.
Oliver: If you tell me no one more time you will get a flick!
Mom: Oliver, Do not talk to me like that. (stern)
Oliver: (hurts his arm on checkout counter and throws a fit to cause scene).
Mom: Oliver stop by the time I get to three or we will not buy your costume!
1,2,3!
Oliver: (Crying)!
I then have to take him to the sidewalk outside of the store and leave him there so I can go back in and pay. I'm not afraid that someone will kidnap him, come on who would kidnap a kid screaming that loud. Besides I can totally see him the whole time. I pay and shove the bag into my huge purse and tell him I put everything back. I also tell him he's not being "Nacho", he's being a "Pretty Princess" for Halloween. And he can no longer play with his boy cousins, only the girl ones. Hence the Princess picture at the top of this post. He cried for the next hour. In fact he just came in here just now, saw the princess picture and said to me:
Oliver: Mom, I don't want to be a Princess, I'm a boy.
Mom: Big deal, your gonna be a princess and wear a crown and lipstick.
Oliver: No, I don't want to. I'll be good now.
Mom: You better be the best boy ever and I'm putting this picture up in your room to remind you.
You all probably think that I'm the meanest mom ever and I probably am. That's fine. He'll probably throw numerous more fits, but at least I have leverage now to make him stop. Stay tuned to see what Oliver ends up being for Halloween. And now you know what made this "Terrible Tuesday."





10 people were neglecting their kids:
Thanks for signing my guestbook. I love reading your blog!
I don't think you're mean...I just laughed! You are quite witty! Hey, I let Brooke throw a fit in the main aisle of Wal-Mart...I don't think anyone wanted to purchase her, though!
Oh Man! I can't wait till Shannon reads this one!!!!! Koe, you are AWESOME!! I really hope someone turns all this rich material into a book or a show one day! You are sitting on millions and you don't know it.
Love, one of your two AR fans
koe this is audra..ok that is totally hilarious!! i felt like i was in the store seeing it happen! (are you crafting with us saturday?)
Koe, can I just say that I am crying and out of breath right now??? That was the FUNNIEST STORY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oliver sounds like a very funny kid. Good luck when the teen years hit.
OHHHHH!!! I'm standing and I'm clapping. I love the humor and trickery! That gives it a little fun angle for you when it could have just been pure drudgery and annoyance. And, it'll make for a nice "mean mom" story for him to remember later and tell his friends. Poor little Mexican wrestler princess. :D
LOL! You are the funniest mommy ever! Your little boy becoming a princess? Next he'll be just like his mommy and be on top of the cheerleader pyramid! JUST KIDDING!
Me & Kachelle were just saying the other day how "girly" ur lil boy is, now I read about him being a princess for Hlloween *sigh* what nxt? u gonna introduce him to the wonderfull world of Ballet? Ahaha, I bet Jarred would just LoVe that!!
HA! That's hilarious! So glad to see you go through this shiz too! And Rage? I haven't heard Rage forever! It makes me all angry inside. I'm goin to go break some of my mom's china now.
Post a Comment