All right. So I've been talking to friends and reading blogs and stuff over the past couple of days and I feel like an ungrateful Jerk. Really! I mean, I've been blessed with a wonderful husband that loves me more than anyone for some reason and not one, but two wonderful healthy little boys. We have a home and we have food. We have an eternal marriage and we are all healthy. We are ALL healthy! I think I've taken that for granted so much in the past. Here I am complaining about my truck, pool, garage door and whatever else goes wrong. I think I forget to recognize what we are blessed with. We're obliviously never meant to be rich and that's ok with me. If my trial here on Earth is to just have everything I own break or not work and never have any money, then fine. I'll take that as my trial. I would much rather have that rather than a broken family. We have our health and each other and that's good enough for me. So I just wanted to let you all know that I'm not ungrateful and things aren't all bad. I'm still gonna keep track of what I have spend money on every month though.
The Universe I Live In
3 days ago






9 people were neglecting their kids:
you nerd! i didnt know you had a blog either!! k so freaking call me! i have a car and i can take you wherever you need to go, or just borrow the dang thing and your boys can play with my boy. i totally understand about the cars breaking down and everything else cuz that's been our month too! lame. but seriously, call...dangit.
oh and i love my hubby too ;)
Awww, Koe, this is a whole new side of you that I didn't know you had. But I agree, your life is awesome. I love Jarred and your boys! You're one of our favorite families! Can't wait to see you guys again...MOVE UP NORTH!!!!
You are not ungrateful!! Life just gives us things and sometimes we want to poke our damn eyes out! It's natural. We piss and moan and then we get over it. If you were talking to my Mom, she would say 'Have infinite love and gratitude for the things that you have. Try to tell the Universe to give you what you want. If you always think negative, you will get negative. So be postive and be grateful." I know it's true, but sometimes I want to gag her when she says it. I love reading your posts. They are always so funny! You are super blessed, but don't feel bad. It's ok to complain!
Awwwww...now I feel all warm and cuddly inside! Do you want to come over and try to fix my child's self-mutilation-of-hair?
KOE! Don't you dare stop complaining. I love it! Nobody complains better than you. You say what we all want to say, but in a hilarious, Erma Bombeck sort of way, that comes across as whiney and depressing when anyone else tries it. Keep it up, sister! You are our voice!!!
Heres my worthless 2 cents. Crap will still happen no matter how much money you have or how old you are, and a few complaints every here and there keep you human and relatable. I love how you recognize your blessings of health. Most people dont until they dont have it, or it is threatened (that was me). Now, its a true gratitude to Heavenly Father for every day, even the crappy ones. (that was more like 1 cent) Love, Vonda
this is going to sound bad but I find comfort in the fact that other people have vehicles and such break. I feel like my savings has a leak. whenever I get some money saved the car breaks down or something else really irritating. like a root canal. this life is short and those things don't matter all that much with an eternal perspective. i have to keep reminding myself of that.
Okay, I don't know ozzy's Mom but I love her and ditto what she said!!!
Post a Comment