Monday, October 20, 2008

We're Family? Nice to meet you.

This last weekend we celebrated the 1st annual Leighton Jr. Family Reunion in Willcox, Az. The last Reunion this family had was for the Hatch side and it was in Maine about 10 years ago. So they were well over do for another one.

One of the first things on the list of activities was Brunch and pictures. Pictures I thought would never happen. If you look close maybe you can see why. See it? No? I'll just tell you then. The family on the right got up at 5:30am to go to the store and travel to Willcox. The family on the left did not. The family on the right was on time for the 10:00am brunch after traveling 3 hours. The family on the left was 3 hours late after traveling 45 min. The family on the right had grouchy, dirty kids for family pictures. The family on the left had nice, clean kids for pictures. Can you see it now? No? Oh, ok. Moving on.........

This is Oliver and Simon with their Great Grammy. She's 107! Actually I don't know how old she is, but does it really matter once you pass a certain point?

Evann, Oliver and Theron
These 3 handsome guys just posed for this picture when I asked them too. Gotta get all the pictures we can. Who knows when we'll see them again.

Simon with Amy and Frankie. They are all about the same size. Frankie hates hugs and pictures. She often disappears when she sees people starting to leave because she's afraid they'll try and hug her. Amy loves her little boys and chocolate. Jarred also wanted me to mention that she is of Mexican decent. I love all three of them though!

Back row: Jarred, Angela, Shawna, Sondra, and Derek Front row: Jonathan, Tifini, and C.J.
These are the original cousins minus Heather, Rex and Brenna. We missed you!

We ran off to do our digital scavenger hunt after pictures. We couldn't get into railroad park for our picture with Rex Allen so we had stand outside and do it. See that statue behind us? That's him.

And you can't have a family reunion without...what else? A game of Horseshoes. Here's sexy Jare-bear having a go at it.

After that we let the kids paint pumpkins.

Simon loved it! Maybe I should have fed him first though.

Oliver and Evann decided to take their much needed naps right before we painted pumpkins so we had to put two aside for them to paint later.

They didn't know the difference and still had a blast painting them.

Here's all the kids with their Masterpieces. You have NO idea how hard it was to get this picture!

At the end of the evening after dinner we all gathered for the Family Talent show. This will probably go down in History as my favorite Talent Show EVER!

Oliver did his FAMOUS jump rope routine.

Doyle, Kaely and Cambry sang and danced to "Our Song."

Evann was a "Rock Star."

Simon counted to 10 and did a little "Rappers Delight."
Jarred sang, but I didn't get pictures, just video. Sorry Sweetie.

And Jonathan graced us with some "Slutty Princess."
All in all it was a pretty good time. So the next one is set for the second week in June. Good luck Gardner's, let's see what you got!

9 people were neglecting their kids:

Kristin Coppee said...

Great pics. Great commentary. I felt like I was there.

Hey, btw, you rock! Everyone loves my hair, as usual. I can't tell you how many compliments I have been getting because I've lost count. I gave your name and number out to someone. She had to know who my stylist was. She said my hair was sassy.

So, thanks for sassifying the Frass (my nickname).

Levi and Suzi said...

Aww! Aren't family reunions great? Actually, with the Truschke's it was probably a blast! Thanks for the little glimpse of Willcox and Rex Allen. I never thought I'd miss the little guy, but I kinda do. :)

The Truschk-E^3 Family said...

Freakin' Jarred! That's ok though, I am of Mexican decent therefore, I can tell time! And what can I say, there's no denying that I love chocolate. Had someone just given me some chocolate when nobody was on schedule, I wouldn't have noticed. I loved the pics. Looks like even after all that happened it was successful.

Ben said...

For the record, we were only 45 minutes late! And I have to disagree with you, our kids looked just as grumpy and dirty as yours in the pictures. :) Thanks for the fun day, though.

Tifani said...

Boy, Im glad me and Brian were in the middle of the picture and not on the left. How dare they be three hours late to a Willcox reunion!!! Oh well, at least our kids look good no matter how long they've been "playing". Can't wait until June. ;)

Heather said...

Sorry we missed the reunion. It sounds like you all had fun and isn't that what it's all about? I think what you posted Koe was really harsh. I don't think it needed to be said like that. Family is the most important thing we have in this life and we need to remember that we all have our faults. Maybe you should find out the reason they were late.It might be a justifiable reason. You all looked good in the pictures and you can't tell how the kids look anyway. We missed you guys and wished we could of been there and at least the family got together and was able to see each other. That is what's more important than anything!! Sorry you felt that way but it doesn't matter in the end. You still had fun.

Jarred said...

Oh come on now guys, if you don't know Koe well enough to know when she's being fecicious and having some fun, then you should re-read the post. We all had fun, we all talked about how fun it was. We talked about how we were glad to get together over the weekend. There's no need to take it personally. It was meant in fun and in jest. You don't think we were ALL saying the thing about the bratty kids getting dirty before pictures? It's what you say when you have kids, it's all in fun.

Don't take things so seriously. I married her, and love her, and have had her do this to me since the day I met her. Don't take it personally.

I don't know why you guys would take things like you did if you weren't already angry about something. I never read anything bad into anything she said. Get over it.

And yes, I'm standing up for my wife.

See you in June... :)

Diana said...

I love your sense of humor! That is why I check in on your guys! You two crack me up! I keep hearing one song in my head..."we are a happy family!"

Actually that song is fading cause I love listening to "So Much" by Jarred! Does he have a cd for sale yet?

Karrie said...

I thought this was funny, only because when Karrie and I were first married Karrie would get mad at me for my untimely manners(all Platt's know what I am talking about) and would tell me her family would start what ever they were doing with or without someone who is late and even finish it if we didn't arrive, including pictures. I thought she was just trying to scare me until we missed a picture session or two and all the food was long gone at several gatherings becaue we were 15-20mins late and to those of you who know me, missing food is huge... needless to say I learned family or not if we wanted to partake in the activity timelinees would need to be adhered to. Otherwise our ancestors would have no pictural evidence of our families existence, among other things.