Thursday, October 23, 2008

fa·ce·tious

fa·ce·tious

Pronunciation: \fə-ˈsē-shəs\
Function: adjective
Meant to be humorous or funny : not serious - a facetious remark.

"Please use facetious in a sentence."

"Koe was being facetious in her family reunion blog post, but some people took it too seriously."

Authored by Jarred.

12 people were neglecting their kids:

meghannamarie said...

Facetious? What does that mean I just thought you were being sarcastic like you are always being!! I thought that is why everyone likes you;) Just Kidding Koe, I know you don't think I am facetious at all!

Diana said...

Two words: LIGHTEN UP!!! :-D

Tally said...

I think I can confidently speak for both me and Shan when I say we are in complete admiration of your blatant candor. My personal fave was the "107" comment. Still laughing about that. I was like "Dang, she looks amazing for 107!" Then I was like, "oh. That's b/c she's NOT 107". In summary, DO NOT CHANGE. You have a beautiful heart, full of love, and you also have an amazing gift for calling it like you see it, and never candy-coating it. Trust me when I say, People Pleasers all over the planet wish they could be you, even for a moment! Aaaaaaaah, the liberation.....I can only imagine....

You are my HERO, Koe!!!

Kachelle said...

um anyone hurt by that probably has a guilty consience. if koe wants you to feel bad, you know it! i thought it was very funny!!!!!

Ben said...

Guilty conscience? No.
Angry already? No.
Immature? Most definitely!

My comments, like those from others, were in jest and were not meant to offend. Unfortunately, the internet does not reflect sarcasm or non-verbal communication very well, so sometimes the reader misses the writer's intention completely--something I think we are all guilty of in this matter. If I have offended from my comments, I apologize--it is your blog after all.

This cyber-bickering should stop, though, and that goes for people that have no idea what went on or is going on "behind the scenes." I suggest the Leighton cousins either get together or place a phone call to resolve this before it gets worse or before more people not involved with the situation fuel the fire with their comments. They aren't helping the situation nor is this extra post regarding the subject. You guys are cousins, after all! :)

Looking forward to next year's reunion which we have already titled "LPR" (Leighton Punctual Reunion).

Mechelle said...

wow.

Karrie said...

1st I will need at least 1wk to memorize this word if a spelling test is upcoming, 2nd I will begin using it in sentences starting tomarrow so as to dually impress you when next we gather.

Karrie said...

immature-Pejorative terms for behavior characteristic of children.
Children-we must all become as one to enter you know where...

Koi said...

Oh Karrie, always the smart one. Thank you.

And thank you too Ben or Hoff? You're comments didn't sound mean or upset at all. I get your humor. Just trying to keep the peace too. I understand.

I feel so popular now with all the traffic my site meter has been registering in last week. I mean I've had people comment and visit my blog that never have before. I'm flattered really, but enough is enough.

Karrie said...

Ah ha... you were fooled... it is I, your "stupid" brother who mowed your lawn in his under-roo's... and you called me smart, albeit unawares.

Koi said...

You're such a dork. Why didn't you sign in yourself instead of using Karrie's? Still very clever. I had no idea you knew how to use such vocabulary. I thought I was the only one blessed with the Gift of Gab.

Karrie said...

I don't have my own sign in... not smart enough to figure out how to get one so I Hijack my wifes when she's not looking. Oh, and there are many things you don't know about me... we did live in NY for 2yrs with no adult suppervision I might add... just Jake... The dot dot dot's have become a favorite of mine also...