Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The reason.....

As you all know I have been contemplating cutting my locks off. Jarred's doesn't care what I do, I guess he's getting tired of my long "Porn" hair too. I actually liked my hair today so now I'm not sure. I'm still looking for cute cuts though. Now in answer to the reason why I'm waiting until after Summer is precisely this and 9 out of 10 hairdressers will agree with me: What's it like in the Summer? Hot. And what do you do in the summer time? Swim. So what do you do with your hair? Put it in a ponytail. Why? To get it out of your face and off you neck. If it was short it would be in my face and I couldn't get it in a ponytail so it would drive me crazy. Trust me, Koi with short hair in the Summer is a bad combo. I always talk people out of getting their hair cut in the Summer time. Once I describe the whole scenario for them they always agree with me. So here's the new dos in the running.

#1 Keep it long-In my mind I look like a Brunette Meg Ryan even though I know everyone only sees Christina Ricci's ugly older sister.

#2 Shoulder length cut with side swept bangs-Kind of like what I already have just shorter.

#3 Chin length Bob with longer side swept bangs- I kind of like this color too. Should I go back to my old days as a red head?

#4 Slightly A line Bob with longer side swept bangs- Who doesn't look good with this haircut? I love it, it's just that everyone has it right now.

I'm sure this list will change everyday from now until the Fall, but hopefully my loyal friends will always be there for me with words of encouragement and constructive criticism.

7 people were neglecting their kids:

mY dEwDrOpS said...

i like the #2 look. i think it would look good on you. short, yet still curlable.

Laurie said...

Ooooh,I love #4! I think any of those cuts would look good on you though. And no short summer hair cut makes so much sense now.

Kristin Coppee said...

I love all of those cuts and if my hair would do that, I would go for it. However, I have virtually non-existent hair. If I had your "porn" hair, I'd totally keep it....and also my husband would be the happiest man alive.

meghannamarie said...

You are so funny! I agree with you though don't cut until October or maybe even December. Like I know I always have my hair up!

lenseigne said...

With my crazy unmanageable hair, I know I'm not really quailfied to give input, but I have always admired your hair, so I hope you don't cut it too short! With #2, you could still put it in a ponytail.

Shan said...

Ok, now I'm all caught up. This is very interesting info about the hair care in the summer. I've been having the same exact discussion with myself about new hairdos lately. I didn't find all the pics but was considering asking for a pole.
I think your hair looks great long but snapping it up just a bit might be the fun thing to do. Do you do this yourself?
My problem is I'm starting to look really decrepit and saggy faced so I'm not sure I should keep the youthful(not to mention 80's) 'Pretty Woman' thing I've got going on. But my husby said I look good in extremely short or extremely long. The middle ground is hazy for him.
I think the longer bangs and back not so Katie Holmes thing is my fave for you. Wait a minute, I love Mariska's hair too though. I've also been loving the bang comb over look as well lately but I know what you mean about not wanting the same cut as others. I also like your dark hair. There's my non descript two cents.
What's more aerodynamic for back flipping?

kristal said...

Oooh, do sista simpson's hair! So cute!!!