Saturday, July 12, 2008

Delicious Dish


Why would this "Delicious Dish" show up at 5:30 on a Saturday morning and mow my lawn?

Well, it started with these guys.


And ended up with a bet about this.
You see my Brother Jeremy thought that at the end of the movie Ferris Bueller's Day off that the miles actually come off the Ferrari 250 gt California. Everyone in the world knows that they don't. We were all telling him they don't and he continued to insist they do. So we put a little wager on it. If for some strange reason they did happen to magically come off when Ferris put the car in reverse, Jarred would have to sit in a kiddie pool on our front porch with floaties on and we bet that Jeremy would have to mow our lawn in a Batman cape, irrigation boots, goggles and whitie-tighties when they of course did not.

This is how the victorious phone conversations went on Thursday and Friday.
Thursday-
Koe: Hey Jeremy, Cameron has something he wants to say to you.
(I then held the phone to the TV which had the movie playing.)
Cameron: Ferris!
Koe: Wait for it.
Cameron: The miles aren't coming off!
Koe: What's that Cameron?
Cameron: The miles aren't coming off in reverse.
Koe: Hmm, did you hear that? The miles aren't coming off in reverse. That's all he wanted to say.

Firday-
Jarred: Hey Jeremy. I have a very particular lawn and it says that it will only be mowed by a tall skinny man wearing a Batman cape, irrigation boot, goggles and whitie-tighties.
Jeremy: (muttering some excuse to still get out of it.)
Jarred: I'm just telling you what my lawn wants.

So I guess we asked for it. I just didn't expect him to show up at 5:30 in the morning to do it. Too bad we slept through the whole thing. He had to come knock on our door when he was done to wake us up. Grass stains on his undies and all. We had a steady line off traffic driving by or house watching the ordeal.

20 people were neglecting their kids:

meghannamarie said...

I LOVE IT! Good job Jeremy, now next time get Jarred with a bet you can win!

Karrie said...

1st-there should be an 18 and older only advisory on this
2nd there was at least one other person encouraging the argument in my favor... hmm...sabotage?
3rd it is a positive that I'm am the only one that has seen this so far.
and finally- I am just glad I did it without ending up on Youtube which i know would have happened had you guys woken up while I was mowing.

Hatch's said...

Nice...

Raysha said...

HA! Thanks for the laugh.

Tally said...

Ooooooh, the awesomeness!!!!!!

TheTennesseeWilliams said...

Ok that is totally freakin HILARIOUS!!

Lorena said...

I'll remember to NEVER make wages with you.

Tiffany Matthews said...

That is Awesome I only wish you would have called everyone to come and see it. It's a good thing that you have pictures.

Tiff Hunt said...

That is sick, wrong, and damn funny! Kudos to Jeremy, I think I would have lied and not done it! What's even better is that you got a picture!!

Michelle and Javier said...

All I can say is....


LOL!

Kristin Coppee said...

That is too beautiful to put into words.

Laurie said...

Love it! I can't wait til Gus sees this!

Ashley said...

I cannot believe that he actually showed up and did it. Good blackmail pictures!

Anonymous said...

That is so hilarious!!! I agree on the blackmale pics.

Karrie said...

OK, I'm thinking enough people have been disturbed by this by now.
Just for the record... the terms to the next bet I win cannot be reneged upon, no matter the terms(this is leverage).
Also for the record the neighborhood was still snoozing at 5:30am, a steady line of traffic was not seen, otherwise Koe and Jared would have been evicted from their neighborhood by now.

kristal said...

This post freaking made my day! You're the coolest sister ever! And he's the most sucker of a brother ever.

Mechelle said...

too funny! Man, I can't believe he did it! and in whitie tighties no less. way to funny!!

Way to go Jeremy for following through!

Jessie Lewis said...

That is not JEREMEY! At least that's not the guy that I grew up knowing. I always thought is was the girls in the family who were crazy.

Mark, Monette, Coytt and Dalon said...

I LOVE it. Well Jeremy is definately a man of his word. I would have found a way to back out for sure. And um...what grown man has a Batman cape lying around for times like these?

Anonymous said...

Oh my HELL! This is the funniest thing ever! I want to make bets with the members of my family now!!! I can totally see Reilly agreeing to such a bet. I catch your post every now and then off of Tiffany's. You have a very cute and funny as heck family. No wonder Reilly thinks your husband is the coolest ever!! Take care.