Monday, June 9, 2008

A whole lot of nothing, Part One

I guess I've been absent from the "Blogger world" for a while. I just haven't really felt the need or urge to blog lately. Let me try and recap Some high lights from the last 3 weeks. Here I go:

May 24th- 30th

Saturday May 24th Jarred got a call from his brother wanting to know if he could take the next week off so he and I could go to California. You see Jarred's brother Jonathan is a high school teacher in Willcox and he was the head chaperon for this "little" trip. Well another couple was supposed to go and then they ended up not being able too due to extenuating circumstances. Jonathan called other parents, but no one could go so he was calling Jarred and I as a last resort. Let me just add that our part of said trip would be paid for including tickets to Disneyland/California Adventure, Universal Studios, Sea World, and the San Diego Zoo plus 4 meals. We just had to have money for the rest of our meals for the other 6 days. So Jarred had to get a hold of his boss and see if it was alright to take the week off. It was about 8:00pm Saturday evening when we got a hold of him. We packed and took off to Willcox at almost 11:00pm. We got there at 2:00am and had to be on the bus at 5:30am. Jonathan's wonderful wife Amy kept our boys. I missed them terribly. Here's some pictures of the trip. I'll never go to any of these places again without my boys. It just wasn't fun without them.

1st night in CA, Dinner at Medieval Times after riding 9 hours on a bus.

2nd day, Universal Studios....LAME!

Jonathan and I volunteering in a special effects show at Universal....LAME too.

We did everything int he park in Like 45minutes so we spent the remainder of our time there playing this "Where's Waldo"type game with our cameras. We'll call our game "Find a Truschke." So can you find me?


Seriously...Can you find me?


3rd day,DL/DCA Since I was missing my boys terribly Jarred and Jonathan decided to make me happy by dressing the same. Even their shoes matched! Actually, I think they were trying to embarrass all the high school kids we were with. Their shirts said,"You have died of Dysentery."


Then we were all winners in the "Year of A Million Dream" giveaway, notice the awesome hats we're rockin'.

I think this was the first trip to DL in three years that we actually got to ride the train. Our stroller is always too big. I'm not exactly sure how long we rode the train for, all I know is that Jonathan took a nap and then so did Jarred.

Jonathan and I wanted to jump off the train while Jarred was sleeping and then call his cell phone as the train was pulling away and wake him up. The thought of us standing there waving to him as the train pulled away was just to funny for us and the passengers behind us who new our plan, we were all just laughing too loud so Jarred woke up before we could carry out our hilarious plan. Shucks! So we played another game of "Find a Truschke." This is literally my favorite picture of the whole trip. All of these people thought we were taking their pictures. Can you find Jonathan? (hint: he's the one waving)


It took everyone forever to find me in this one. So I guess I was the winner. All the kids wanted to leave the park at 6:00pm before we had even eaten dinner and we were so NOT having that. So we challenged them to a game of Hide-n-Seek. If they found us we would leave. Little did they know that we had Jarred and Jonathan's cousin Rex (who has worked at DL for 3 years) with us who literally got us through and out of the park without anyone seeing us.

This is us and Rex! He wasn't dressed like this when he snuck us through he park though.


4th day Balboa! This is us on the pier. We didn't spend much time there because we had to drive to San Diego and check into our other Hotel.


5th day Sea World. I hated this stupid ride. I was sitting in the front and at the end I could literally wring the water out of my clothes. I had to stop by the gift shop and buy new ones because I was so wet. Koe went Commando ALL day at Sea World. I made sure to tell every employee there that they needed to sale underwear in there stores.

Jarred wanted to pet one of these Creepy Sea creatures so he went and paid like $20 for some stupid fish to feed to it. I watched in horror as this mammal almost ate him. I had my camera ready to record the drama.

6th day San Diego Zoo. This is the baby panda in a tree. How precious. By this point in the trip the kids were worn out and most just wanted to go home and bypass the zoo, but if even one wanted to go we had to go because that person paid for it so we needed to go.

This little "Fern Gully" is where we spent the last few hours of our trip to CA playing the game signs with some of the kids. After that we got on the buss and went home. We made it too Casa Grande without incident, but then we switched bus drivers and almost DIED! I'm not kidding. Our second bus driver fell asleep just outside of Benson at Texas Canyon. Jonathan had to run to front of the bus and shake him awake. Then we told all the kids to start cleaning up the bus and make lots of noise so the driver wouldn't fall asleep again. We made it back to Willcox at 11:00pm Friday night in one piece. Whew!

This post took me forever because I'm out of practice so I'll have to finish the rest of my three weeks in Part two of my A whole lot of nothing post.

Oh, and check out my Mothers Lounge website. There's a link on the upper right hand corner.

11 people were neglecting their kids:

Tally said...

Phew! Glad to hear from you again! I was getting a little worried. No time to comment on your actual post. Sorry. Must do hair b/f work. Awesome story of trip though!

shauna said...

That was a fun report. You guys sound like you have so much fun. I love you played hide and seek with the kids and snuck out!

Welcome back!

Whitney said...

That looks SOOO fun and I'm jealous! and you look SOOO skinny! and I love that song that was on when I came to your blog (luckiest)

Shan said...

Hey! I was just wondering what was going on over here and now I know! That sounds like some crrazy times you are having there Koi. I can see why you'd miss your younglings at such places. It's their faces of wonder that keep it all happening. ( I know what I'm saying anyway)
And I was thinking you were looking really skinny too but then I realized maybe I don't know your size well enough to make such sweeping statements. But you are...very trim indeed.

Unknown said...

The "find a Truscke" is the funniest thing ever! I think I'll have to do that sometime. You look amazing! I love the sexy hair. I totally wish I could even have half of your hair style skillz. :)

Tiffany Matthews said...

It sounds like your trip was crazy busy. It's like you did how much stuff can you cram in 4 days to do in CA. Disneyland looked busy as always. The good thing is that you are back now.

Kristin Coppee said...

You didn't like Universal Studios? What's WRONG with you? How come everyone at Disneyland looks miserable? And DANG! Waldo got HOT! YOW!

BTW, I spotted you in every picture - so easy - I cheated - I enlarged it. HA! Very cute idea, though.

Raysha said...

I loved the "Find a Truschke" game! You guys are too funny!

Lorena said...

That's my kind of trip!

ilm3ib said...

It sounds like a blast... Wanna plan my next vacation? I love the hid n'seek games at Disney Land. that's awesome! I'd get so lost! Great pics too!

Brannon and Leslie said...

Whew. That sounded exhausting. I have to agree with the Universal lameness. I've gone twice in the past month and it didn't get any better. You are so super skinny. I'm jealous