So I decided that the best punishment for a BAD Mother's Day was a nice Father's Day. I'm pretty sure I'll be having the BEST Mother's Day next year. What do you think? This is how his day started off:

Yummy Creme Brule' French Toast topped with strawberries, bananas and cream cheese mixture with a side of two maple sausage links. The kids and I gave him cards and the the new Weezer CD.

Then it was off to church in his new tie courtesy of the primary chorister.

Jarred and 2 other dad's got to participate in sing time on Sunday. They all got ties from the primary chorister............

.....and flags............

......then they got their ties cut! They had to rate the kids on their singing and give them a 1, 2 or a 3. What ever they rated them that's how many inches they got cut off their ties. The kids loved it!

Here's the final outcome. The kids sang so good that the dad's got ALL of their ties cut off. Only the knot was left.

After church I fixed him his favorite meal of tacos, tostadas and guacamole. He was one happy guy. He also got to sit on the couch and watch whatever he wanted while I amused the kids, did dishes and took out the trash. He couldn't believe that I took out the trash! I think that was the thing that ensured me a good Mother's day next year. I guess we'll see.

Yummy Creme Brule' French Toast topped with strawberries, bananas and cream cheese mixture with a side of two maple sausage links. The kids and I gave him cards and the the new Weezer CD.

Then it was off to church in his new tie courtesy of the primary chorister.

Jarred and 2 other dad's got to participate in sing time on Sunday. They all got ties from the primary chorister............

.....and flags............

......then they got their ties cut! They had to rate the kids on their singing and give them a 1, 2 or a 3. What ever they rated them that's how many inches they got cut off their ties. The kids loved it!

Here's the final outcome. The kids sang so good that the dad's got ALL of their ties cut off. Only the knot was left.

After church I fixed him his favorite meal of tacos, tostadas and guacamole. He was one happy guy. He also got to sit on the couch and watch whatever he wanted while I amused the kids, did dishes and took out the trash. He couldn't believe that I took out the trash! I think that was the thing that ensured me a good Mother's day next year. I guess we'll see.





13 people were neglecting their kids:
Yeah...I really put on a good show for Father's Day...even with the lackluster performance that was Mother's Day. Let's see what happens next year.
I requested a corsage and breakfast in bed...we'll see.
I want the french toast recipe please, sounds to die for!!!
Since his memory may not be as great as yours, I suggest that you let him read your archives about a week before Mother's Day next year.
Love the tie idea.
Ya I think he owes you BIG TIME next year for Mothers Day and DON't let him forget.
You're freaking awesome! That's hilarious! And you're right, that is the worst punishment for the crappy mother's day. If it helps, Jase still hasn't gotten me anything for Christmas, MOther's Day (the patio set of coarse never came!), and he counted the trip I planned to Vegas for my birthday gift...PUNK!
That has to be a top 10 in his books. Justin didn't even get off that easy, I made him amuse the kids every once in a while! But I didn't take a nap on Sunday so that was huge for him!! and thanks for my spelling lesson!! Dinamite
Hello :) I found your blog recently and just wanted to say Hi! I can't believe how big Simon is! What a cute little blondie! I've enjoyed looking through your blog- I can totally relate about Mother's Day! Matt made up for it on Father's Day though! Hope you're doing good! -glenda :)
Lucky guy. I love the tie idea we are going to have to try that in our ward.
Wow!!!! You're so good. Father's Day was quite forgettable for Gus. I feel bad,it just snuck up on me.
You really do need to post your recipes, all that food sounded awesome.
You definitely have WAY more energy and LOVE than I do! Loved catching up with you. And Jarred's music GREAT!
You are too nice! Maybe we should all email him reminders about a week before mother's day next year! I am pretty sure he won't forget again after such a nice father's day!
That is too funny!!! I love it!!
You are way too nice!! Did he ever admit to guilt? Maybe next year before mothers day you should leave this post up on the computer, when you know he's going to be using it, to remind him of how good he had it this year.
Post a Comment