
BYU, BYU
Where the girls are girls
and the guys are too!
Like any Arizona native with relatives from UT, I love to bag on BYU, however Sunday nights news broadcast on NBC made me a little proud of the University.
Dr. Paul Johnston and his colleagues at BYU have created a "super" cookie for kids who are nutritionally-starved. It's made with this stuff called quinoa. Apparently one of these little cookies has as much calcium as a glass of Milk. When they taste tested them on children in Bolivia, giving them the choice of a popular snack they usually have or the cookie, they chose the cookie every time. Wow! So way to go Dr. Johnston and colleagues. My only question is when will quinoa be available to buy in bulk at the cannery for my year supply?
http://www.kpvi.com/Global/story.asp?S=8259319





3 people were neglecting their kids:
Yeah, when will that be available to purchase for our year supply?! :) Hey thanks for the help with my blog. I just had a friend ask me today how to change the background without earasing friends. You know what my answer was? "I have no clue, but my friend Koe knows the all time secret. Good Luck." :)
You Rock Koe!!
You can buy it in bulk at Sprouts! :)
I will have to give the cookies a try! We have used Quinoa for awhile now, it is really good in lots of recipes, and the Red Quinoa is better than the white, it's not too good by itself though.
Post a Comment