Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Funny story....

Monday my hot friend Vonda came over and we got to talking and telling stories. After I told her a particularly funny story, she asked me if I had blogged it or recorded it in my journal and I realized I hadn't yet. So I'm repenting and recording it now. Here it is.......

My freshman year at E.A.C. I was at an institute dance with my friend Sabrina. We went and started dancing by some of our friends and then I looked over and saw a guy dancing by himself and having fun. He was a little alternative and mysterious. My friend Sabrina said he had been at some other dances and she told me his name, but I forgot what she said. We went over to dance by him and soon after that he walked away. I saw him over by the drinking fountain and went to talk to him but he totally glared and me as soon as I came near him and left the dance. Yikes! What did I do? I would find out 5 years later............
Jarred and I had been married for a year and were living in Tempe. We didn't have a lot of closet space so I decided to go through all our clothes and get rid of some. Jarred pulled my favorite shirt out and proceeded to put it in the "get rid of" pile. I asked him what he was doing and he said how he had always hated when I wore it. It reminded him of this real witch of a girl he ran into at an institute dance before his mission. Then he proceeded to tell me a story of how he was just dancing like usual and this girl with long brown hair and a shirt like the one I had came up and started making fun of him, so he went to get a drink and wait for her to go away. Then he turned around to see that she had followed him out into the hall, so he got mad and left. He said he had always hated her and hated that shirt of mine because it reminded him of her. So I put the shirt on and started dancing and said, "Do you still hate me now?" At this point he put two and two together and Freaked out. I was the girl he had been hating all these years! I told him the real story and all was forgiven.

19 people were neglecting their kids:

Shan said...

WHAT?! That is AWESOME! Sorry if this sounds dense but did YOU know that he was the same guy or did it dawn on both of you that day? And did he misinterpret flirting as mocking? HA! Crrazy! That IS a good story.

Raysha said...

What a funny story!!! I can't believe it took that long for him to realize why he hated that shirt.

Tiff Hunt said...

That is hilarious!! What a great story!!

Lorena said...

NO WAY!!! That is too funny!

OK, so I finished Twilight in like 2 days. I need more...look at what you've done!

Koi said...

In answer to Shans question, I actually forgot about the whole thing until Jarred brought it up after we were married and then we came to the realization at the same time. And yes Jarred did misinterpret my bad flirting as mocking. Poor guy had never had a girl flirt with him so he didn't know what I was doing.

Logan & Lindy said...

That is seriously so funny! I cant believe it was YOU!That is seriously classic!!!

Laurie said...

That is AWESOME!!! What a great story. HA HA, I'll have to share that with Gus, he'll crack up.

Mandy Abbott said...

That is AWESOME! What a great story to share with your kids... it was love at first sight?!!!

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

That is classic!! It is so funny how life turns out!

Kristin Coppee said...

OH! MY! GOSH! I never thought this day would come - FINALLY! A story that tops all of my stories and my stories are pretty crazy. NICE! That is unbelievable. I'm gonna go tell Bert right now and watch the eyes pop out of his head.

Tiffany Matthews said...

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Isn't it funny how things work out.

Kristal said...

Freaking awesome!!! I miss Jarred at the dances. He was the most alternative dancer EVER! Cara and I would go to the dances just to watch him dance. That's awesome that he hated you. And your friend Vonda IS hot!

The Turnarounds said...

Koe, Jarred, you guys are seriously the FUNNIEST couple EVER! Man do I miss you guys!!

Amy John said...

That is the most awesome and ironic story I have EVER HEARD! That is awesome! I am so glad you told that story. I can't believe that is true!

Mark, Monette, Coytt and Dalon said...

Hey Koi, I need some "hair beautification!" My roots are hideous. Email me at work monette.corralez@phoenix.edu and let me know what a good time is. I get off work at 3pm now. Are you going to the Wilkins reunion this Summer. Mark said he would go if you and your family are there. He really liked your fam.

Suzanne said...

Oh, that is classic. I can't believe he never figured it out.

Anonymous said...

So cool! Wish I had that story, mine is lame. But Im gonna post someday about some of the weirdness that happened when Bill and I dated - Like making out with his cousin on the off night that I was making out with him. I know. Creepy.

Love my hair - you Hair Queen!

Michelle and Javier said...

Koe, that is so HEE-LARRY-US! You scared the little guy to death :) Hee hee, wish I was there to see it! :)

Anonymous said...

Koe,
That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. I love your blog and will add it to mine.
Siboney