Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Most Clicked on French Toast.

I was just watching the Today Show and they demonstrated how to make this French Toast on their "Kitchen" segment. They said it was the most "clicked on" recipe. It looked so good I thought I would share it with everyone. I think I'll make it for Jarred one morning so that his cold ride into work will be a little warmer. Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:
1 stick unsalted butter
1 c. brown sugar
2 T. corn syrup
1 loaf country style bread
5 large eggs
1 1/2 c. half & half
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. grand marnier or orange juice
1/4 tsp. salt

Melt together butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Spread in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Cut loaf of bread into 6 slices and layer on top of melted mixture in pan. Whisk together eggs and remaining ingredients. Poor over bread and then cover with saran wrap. Put it in the fridge and let it sit over night. In the morning take it out and let it get room temperature before baking. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite French Toast topping. Yum!

6 people were neglecting their kids:

Tally said...

Mmmmm. That sounds like a delightful pal to my Puffy Pancake recipe. I'll have to try it!

Mechelle said...

that one will have to wait until after the baby is born but it does sound really yummy!

Raysha said...

I always love a new recipe! I'm so not creative in the kitchen. Poor Derrick. I wish that I lived close to you. For some reason I decided I wanted bangs last night and just went in and started cutting. I hacked away at the hair by my face and it looks awful! What the heck was I thinking? I wasn't, that's the problem!!! I wish that I could just pop in and have you fix it.:(

Lorena said...

You had me at corn syrup.

And, who cuts their country bread...mine will be bought sliced...that is what they invented bread slicers for, right?

shauna said...

How can you go wrong with half and half?

Sounds yummy!

Kelli said...

do you keep half and half and corn syrup on hand?? i don't...i'm a loser.