Wow, this month has been depressing and that sucks because it's mine and Simon's birthday month. So I was looking through some old pictures trying to get in a happier mood, I often do that when I'm sad, and I came across these old pictures. They did make me feel better, so I thought I would share them. Hope you enjoy them....
This is the Truschke Family back in 2001 minus Diane(MIL), she was taking the picture. Jarred and I had only been married a year so we couldn't keep our hands off each other.

Jonathan, Amy, Jarred, Me, Derek, and Gary
We had just gotten off the plane and were at the rental car place .
We didn't get many pictures of us at DL but we got plenty when we went to Balboa.

Derek, Me, and Jarred
Here we are riding the Mali Boomer for the first time at DCA. I remember being so scared because you have no idea when it's gonna throw you up in the air. I had to take my shoes off so they wouldn't fall off and hit someone.
This is Just Jarred and I being adorable at some Disney shop. We were Newly weds so I could still make him pose and smile for Dumb pictures. Not anymore. I get the death stare.

Jarred and I
Here we are in the hotel lobby on our way to the beach. I woke up that morning with a giant pimple on the left side of my chin. I thought it wouldn't be that noticeable, but even after all these years it's still the first thing I see when I look at these pictures.


Oh and YES I had short Blond hair and DORK glasses. Jarred did too. This picture cracks me up because of how awkward Jonathan looks. He had just got home from his mission and wasn't sure what he wanted to do as far as Amy was concerned. They got married later that same year in Novemeber and have a little boy now.


Us being cool on the Boardwalk at a sunglass stand. Then we went and ate at our favorite place ever, Tale of a Whale. It's named something else now and the food isn't as good but we still go there every time we're in Cali.
Once upon a time, before Children and Varicose veins I wore a bikini. Funny how I still thought I was a fatty. Stupid girl.

Aww yes, and this is the LOVE of my Life taking beach pictures.

He loved that hat for years until Oliver came along and ruined it.

Diane, Gary, Derek, Me, Jarred, Amy and Jonathan.
Here we are again, the whole family doing some beach shopping.
Ok now this is the one that made me laugh so hard. This stupid thing almost got us killed. Gary my FIL thought it would be a fun idea to take it out on Harbor Blvd, umm no! We had people honking and yelling at us and we're all peddling as fast as we can, except for Amy because she's so little she can't reach the peddles.

When we finally made it back to the safe bike path that goes down the beach, we kicked Gary out of the drivers seat. Then Diane jumped out and took a picture of us being greatful we were alive.
Aww good times. We really need to do a vacation like this again.
This is the Truschke Family back in 2001 minus Diane(MIL), she was taking the picture. Jarred and I had only been married a year so we couldn't keep our hands off each other.
Jonathan, Amy, Jarred, Me, Derek, and Gary
We had just gotten off the plane and were at the rental car place .
We didn't get many pictures of us at DL but we got plenty when we went to Balboa.
Derek, Me, and Jarred
Here we are riding the Mali Boomer for the first time at DCA. I remember being so scared because you have no idea when it's gonna throw you up in the air. I had to take my shoes off so they wouldn't fall off and hit someone.
This is Just Jarred and I being adorable at some Disney shop. We were Newly weds so I could still make him pose and smile for Dumb pictures. Not anymore. I get the death stare.
Jarred and I
Here we are in the hotel lobby on our way to the beach. I woke up that morning with a giant pimple on the left side of my chin. I thought it wouldn't be that noticeable, but even after all these years it's still the first thing I see when I look at these pictures.
Oh and YES I had short Blond hair and DORK glasses. Jarred did too. This picture cracks me up because of how awkward Jonathan looks. He had just got home from his mission and wasn't sure what he wanted to do as far as Amy was concerned. They got married later that same year in Novemeber and have a little boy now.
Us being cool on the Boardwalk at a sunglass stand. Then we went and ate at our favorite place ever, Tale of a Whale. It's named something else now and the food isn't as good but we still go there every time we're in Cali.
Once upon a time, before Children and Varicose veins I wore a bikini. Funny how I still thought I was a fatty. Stupid girl.
Aww yes, and this is the LOVE of my Life taking beach pictures.
He loved that hat for years until Oliver came along and ruined it.
Diane, Gary, Derek, Me, Jarred, Amy and Jonathan.
Here we are again, the whole family doing some beach shopping.
Ok now this is the one that made me laugh so hard. This stupid thing almost got us killed. Gary my FIL thought it would be a fun idea to take it out on Harbor Blvd, umm no! We had people honking and yelling at us and we're all peddling as fast as we can, except for Amy because she's so little she can't reach the peddles.
When we finally made it back to the safe bike path that goes down the beach, we kicked Gary out of the drivers seat. Then Diane jumped out and took a picture of us being greatful we were alive.
Aww good times. We really need to do a vacation like this again.





4 people were neglecting their kids:
What a fun vacation! and the beach picture...no where near a fatty! Silly girl!
I have thought of going way back into my pictures to post old stuff, but I can't seem to get caught up on the new stuff.
Oh my heck! You have some good pics. I was so worried about Jonathan and looking pretty that I have maybe 5 pics of the entire trip. I love these! You need to give me some copies. I love the picture of Jarred! I died laughing! Good times!
How fun! Those pics look NOTHING like you. I wouldn't know it was you unless you said so.
Okay, so last night I just beat the crap out of my punching bag. I pretended it was you and Ashley. LOL. Just kidding. But I was thinking. (I know - that's dangerous.) Would you two be interested in doing some boxing maybe one or two nights a week on that thing with me? Just offering it up. If you guys aren't interested, no biggie. Just didn't want to be stingy.
Fatty...yea right!!
I remember thinking I was a fatty just after we got married and now after two kids I would give anything to be that fat again! Oh well, what can you do??
Post a Comment