Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A little insight on MY small Town

I'm sure many you have heard about the tragedy up north involving an 8 year old boy. This is an article that talks about the situation with reverence and respect. Thank you Richard Obert and Dennis Wagner for giving a non-judgmental view on MY small town. Here's the link, please read it. http://www.azcentral.com/php-bin/clicktrack/email.php/8446518

12 people were neglecting their kids:

Anonymous said...

koi, reading that was emotional for me and i don't even have ties to st. johns any more. reminds me of my new hometown. thats how things are here, too. i'm so sorry this is happening. that was a really good article.

Mechelle said...

I'm so sorry, something similar happened in my small town when I was growing up. A kid just older than me killed his two younger brothers. they were my brothers ages and they all played soccer together. it was so sad.

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

Thanks for sharing that article! It's hard to believe when it is someone you know!
Thanks for posting the pictures for Kachelle! He is so cute! I can't wait for more updates! What a good sister you are!:)

The Turnarounds said...

Sorry to read about St. John's. Small towns are really knit close together, when one feels a loss the entire community feels the loss.
Thanks for being my friend after all these years, bad hair cuts/colors you get to be entertained with fixing when I visit, and oh wait fun memmories!

Evan said...

So sorry to hear of this.

On a lighter note, Evan is wondering if Jarred would mind if we put his music on Evan's blog. Or is he even able to?

Koi said...

I don't think he would mind at all. He would actually be thrilled. Not too sure how you would do that though. You might just be able to click on my music player and get the code for the player.

Mark, Monette, Coytt and Dalon said...

Thanks for sharing an article that showed the strength of SJ. The only question I have is who the heck hunts for food and eats prairie dog and squirrel enchaladas? I hope that's not why we love El Camino :)

Michele Tyler said...

Called ya earlier, just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!

Amanda and Dave Orr said...

Hey Koe, Amanda here. I'm so glad you posted this story. I'm having all kinds of people coming up to me at work even asking me about what happened, and I think this article really paints an accurate picture of how it's affecting everyone in and from SJ. It's so sad, with all parties involved.

Lexa said...

Koi same way we felt in Duncan about 15 years ago. A home invasion went south and a couple of people died, high speed chase, fire, kidnapping all wrapped in one night. The whole town was in shock for months. I think those not from small towns don't understand. Good article though.

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

Koe...where are you?? We miss you!

Kelli said...

you can't judge the whole town for one kid's act. i feel for st johns and hope everyone is having a good holiday season...but if you get any inside info/good details: share! ;)