Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Never again.....

Well Oliver informed me Yesterday after school that his teacher said " everyone needs to go to bed earlier" because kids were too "crabby" and "having too many break downs." Oliver is in the BEST teachers class too so I couldn't bear the thought of the kids giving her a rough time. There are 27 of them after all. So I said, "ok, let's go to bed earlier." Normally Oliver goes to bed at 9:00 and gets up at 7:00 or 7:30 to be to school by 8:25. So he gets a good 10 to 10 1/2 hours of sleep. That seemed to be working pretty well for all of us. Well I wanted to be obedient in case Oliver is one of the problem kids, so last night he went to bed at 8:00. Then he got up this morning at 6:30! Some of you maybe thinking "Big Whoop, I get up at that time everyday." Well WE don't here in the Truschke house. It makes me grouchy. Now I'm sure Oliver is going to be the "crabby" one today because he got up so freakin early. So, sorry Mrs. Kupfer, but we're gonna stick to our 9:00 bed time from now on.

11 people were neglecting their kids:

The Lockhart's said...

lol, yeah I am TOTALLY not a morning person either. I HATE getting up ever, lol.

Amy John said...

You are so not alone in the grouchy department. Any earlier than 8 and I am pretty much the meanest person alive!

Koi said...

Thanks Amy. Just another reason why I like you.

LuAnne said...

I'm with Amy - I don't do well before 8am... If the kids get up before then, it's not good for anyone!

Kachelle said...

i agree, that's freakin early!!!!!! and it still confuses me whenever you change my blogg. i'm easily confused i gess. but thanks cus it's cute!

Mechelle said...

oh man, I so know what you mean. Zach gets up at 6:30 every morning and John usually is here to help out and let me sleep, but this past week --- HAH! He's had to go in early, and I am stuck with a kid who wants his daddy and is throwing tantrums at just the sight of his absence.

It just doesn't start the day out right for anyone. *bleh*

Laurie said...

I so hate getting up early. Lately Gracie's been getting up at 6:30. (cry, cry) I'm useless when I'm tired. And she is way crabby. I think I'm going to have to have to put my foot down.

Levi and Suzi said...

I'm not one to bag on teachers, but this is one suggestion that STINKS! Speaking from the experience of a teacher, it was probably 1 or 2 brats that ruined the day for her and she couldn't single them out because their parents would be offended. So, everyone is punished. Funny how that works.

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Ew that really stinks. Really, 6:30 smells to me. : ]
I don't even like it when Camryn throws 7 ams at me!
Maybe good will come of it.. SOMEhow.

I was noticing your Emma character on the side, and was wondering if you are a Jane Austen fan.. Or Charlotte Bronte? Anyway, not many of my friends are and I love watching those movies. Just curious : ]
I'll give you a call about an appt soon I promise.
See ya at the campout!

lenseigne said...

Gotta love afternoon kindergarten. Jacob had it last year but this year both Jacob and WesLee have to be at the bus stop at 7:30 in the morning. If only they let everbody have afternoon kindergarten.

Kristal said...

Um, ok, so I guess you hate the Mulders who actually LOVE getting up at 5:30 or earlier. Sad, I know. Our kids are in bed by 8, we're trying to make it 7 because we have some friends who's kids get to bed by 6! Can you imagine all of that kidless time?! WE'd have 5 hours at the end of the day if we did 6!!! But yes, we love our early mornings. We suck, I know!