Like most homes built in the 1970's our couldn't escape the curse of the "popcorn" ceiling. Oh, how I have loathed it for the past 5 1/2 years we've lived here. So last week I got on the phone and gave my friend John the Handy Man a call to see when he could come relieve my house of it. He said he would be by next week.
So yesterday he showed up at 8:30am and began the removal process. I thought we would start with the boys room since they have bunk beds and are always picking at this cancerous stuff whilst sitting on the top bunk. He had all the "popcorn" down by 10:00am and was done texturing by 2:00pm. That was fast!
Hopefully we will have the other three rooms done by the end of the year. So if anyone shares this awful "popcorn" ceiling curse with me and needs a handy man to do the job. Consider my friend John. Call me for his number.
The Universe I Live In
3 days ago





6 people were neglecting their kids:
John is the best!
I hate popcorn ceilings! I'm glad you're having them removed! Now you get to paint :)
I'm glad you're posting again, I've missed your posts!
Ya well I guess blogging is what "Super Mom's" do. Just trying to be one of them...
Koi, I hadn't realized you were blogging again! You are the inspiration I need to get things recorded at my own place.
Well, I have a hundred plus year old house that still manages to have popcorn ceilings here and there! We've done some of them and not others. I hate the snowy mess of clean up! I hope your guy handled that part for you. It would be worth paying for. That and the texturizing of course. We just paint over what we've scraped flat. ;)
p.s. Methinks you are hard on yourself. You are quite the supermom as it is!!
ugg i hate those ceilings! glad to see you blogging :) hope all is well!
ps my cousin drew and his wife chloe moved into your ward :)
Yay!!!! I hate the popcorn. We had to remove the stuff in our condo when we moved in too. I can't stand the stuff, so glad our new place didn't have it.
Post a Comment