Friday, January 30, 2009

Sometimes...

Sometimes I feel like my kids kind of got ripped off in the mom department. Like when I see the fabulous parties their friends have and how fantastically decorated my friends houses are. But sometimes I have those redeeming moments when I go and do something and think, "I freakin' rock!" Like last night for instance. I forgot to get Oliver a Cardinals T-shirt for NFL Friday at school. Here comes a crappy mom moment, then I thought..."What can I do with a sewing machine, dads old t-shirt and transfer paper?" (All of which I had readily available.)

An origional cardinals t-shirt by Koi! I freakin' rock!
This kid loved me and couldn't wait to get to school and show all his friends the Awesome-ness of his shirt. Not sure if it's legal though. I think I saw people arrested for having fake NFL merchandise, but I'm not selling it so it's ok, right?

Simon wanted to be part of the post too. I didn't make his shirt though. Crappy mom moment...

8 people were neglecting their kids:

hyrum♥chelsea said...

i'm glad i'm not the only one who has crappy mom moments! i have tons of them!!! i'm so jealous of your sewing skills. i think i need to sign up for lessons with you :) gret job super mom!

hyrum♥chelsea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
meghannamarie said...

At least in a crunch you can take and use a few things and make an awesome rockin t-shirt for your kids. Thats much more than I could have done or even thought of!

Jenn said...

You are an awesome Mom! That is the coolest shirt!

The Truschk-E^3 Family said...

Koe you're flippin amazing! You make untalented moms such as myself have crappy mom moments! JK You're the coolest, way to save the day...superhero!

Whitney said...

wow! and the thing is that probabally took you like 5 min. to make. I'm jealous

Mark, Monette, Coytt and Dalon said...

That is awesome KOI!!! I wish I had talent enough to use a sewing machine. And you are totally an awesome mom...who is more fun than you??

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

I am so glad I am not the only one who has crappy mom moments, but this is not one of yours! I love that you took what you had and came up with something original! Plus Oliver loved it and that is all that matters!
So now that I chopped all my hair off, I don't know how to style it! Any advice?? I have always loved how you have yours!