Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First Day of School?

I was asked recently why I haven't posted any "First Day of School" pictures of Oliver yet. Well because Oliver's "First" day wasn't until today. The rest of Mesa started Monday, but Oliver started Today. Why? Well I'll tell ya. Monday morning at approximately 4:30 PM Oliver comes into my room and says,"Mom, I think I might need some eyes drops or something. My eye won't open and there's boogers all over it." Yup Oliver had pink eye. How he got it is still unknown. We never leave our house and pretty much the only people that come over are relatives, none of which have had pink eye in the past few months or since being here.

So we got to do the BIG First Day thing Today. Oliver didn't seem to care too much. He was just glad he didn't have to stay home another day.

This is on the walk there and NO that is not our yard behind Oliver.

Simon cried the whole way there except when he saw me taking pictures, then he immediately stopped and said,"Eeeeeezzz," and the continued crying right after I took it.

My big boy waiting in line to go into the class room.

One last "Cheese" before he starts his day. I can't believe I have a kid in Kindergarten!

12 people were neglecting their kids:

Kristal said...

I can't believe he's in kindergarten either. He's soo cute. Is it full day? Full day sucks. Jaden keeps falling asleep at 5pm!!! It's wearing the poor guy out. School sucks!...well, I'm sure I"ll change my mind when I have 2 in it next year and only one kid at home!!!

Suzanne said...

How cute. I bet he loved it. Tell us about it on your blog. Tell all the family out there hello from us.

Kristin Coppee said...

My son WISHES he got pink eye on the first day of school. He's in junior high now! CRAZY! I swear he comes home every day and has homework from the time he steps in the door until bedtime. So sad. I hate school!!!!

meghannamarie said...

Ohhh! He is so cute! I think Oliver is going to do great he needs the friends and learning! Yea Kindergarten! Next thing you'll have two boys in school and you will have to convince Jarred to have another kid so you have something to do in the day time!!Like you don't now!

Laurie said...

Awww, how bittersweet. What a cutie!
Hope you finished your book in time.

shauna said...

Come on, fess up--didn't you cry when you sent him off? It's ok. We won't tell anyone!

The Truschk-E^3 Family said...

Ahhh...he's so grown up! I love that kid!

Kelli said...

i'm right there with ya, i cried! although i love the freedom in the day now! ;)

The Turnarounds said...

Crazy to think that Oliver is in school now. Paige is way excited to start Pre-school. Where has the time gone?! What a cute little school boy he is.
...p.s. I finally have pictures of my haircut posted. What do you think? You know since you are the #1 haircutter in my world. :)

lenseigne said...

Wow, I didn't realize he would go into Kindergarten this year! They grow too fast!

Whitney said...

wow! you have a kid in school now!!!

Janalie said...

Wow!!! What a samll world. Tryston is a good boy...I know my son just loves him. I am glad he and Oliver get to be in the same class. We will ahve to get together so that the lil ones can play!